Old October 6th 08, 06:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Best Red Ink?

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
"Bluesea" writes:

"Aaron W. Hsu" wrote in message
om...
Hey all,

I am going to need some red ink, and I am looking for a really bold,
powerful, rich red to use in my MonteVerde pen. Does anyone happen
to know of a good ink for this? Recommendations welcome!

Do you prefer an orangey red or a true red or a bluish red or what?

Sorry, when I said red, I meant true red (hence the lack of qualifiers).
I actually am going to try out the Baystate Cape Cod Cranberry, because
it's kind of a unique color that caught my eye. Not to say that this was
the exact color for which I was searching, but it certainly is
interesting enough. I am still interested in what people think is the
best bold, true red: the kind of inks that you would use to grade
exams. :-)

For me, that would be Sheaffer's since Parker's red is discontinued. Pelikan
and Lamy tend toward the orangey-red.

Jeff posted that he likes Widow Maker. I think it's a killer shade that's
well-named. It's a bit dark as though it's a red fabric that got lined with
black. Seeing it might make you laugh maniacally as your pen bleeds all over
a student's poor paper/poor student's paper. BWAHAHAHA! EVIL LURKS IN THE
HEARTS OF MEN.

I also like Hellbender Red obtainable from Swisher. It leans a bit toward
fuchsia which makes it stand out more than a true red.

HTH.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.