Old April 20th 04, 12:00 AM
Angela Moak

ArmsTom wrote:

Hey there everyone.

I've grown tired of the "5 for $3.97" pens you buy at WalMart and thought
I'd give a fountain pen a go. I'm a college student, so cost is a factor.
I don't /really/ want to spend above $50. I'm also a complete newbie to
foutain pens, so I want something that is relatively hassle free. At this
stage, I'm not looking to be a collector (so, perhaps this is the wrong
group :-)), but just have a desire to use something different. If anyone
has any recommendations, that'd be great.

Thanks for taking the time to read - and hopefully for taking the time to
reply

Arms

Arms,

I have a couple of Waterman Phileas that I really like. I've
recommended them to others "thinking about" getting into fountain pens.
The Pelikan M200 is ok, but my first Pelikan was an M800, so I'm a
little spoiled to the bulk of the bigger pen.

Stypen is also a nice inexpensive little writer. It's German made. I
have seen them recently here in Dallas, before that, I brought several
home from discount stores in Germany. Some of the finishes on these are
also a rubber-like coating in various colors. Seems to cut down on some
of the writing fatigue.

Just my $0.02.

--
Regards,