Old September 10th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
Evelyn C. Leeper

Default Help for Bookstores in Portland/Seattle

Jim wrote:
While in Seattle, take the bus over to the Fremont. There are three
quite nice bookstores all on the same stretch of a street called
"Stone Way North." Bob Brown (and associates) specializes in science-
fiction and mysteries, but one of the others (at least) was a general
shop, with pretty good stock. Some nice restaurants and all kinds of
shops, for a pleasant afternoon away from downtown.

Check over Evelyn's list carefully. It's all but impossible to keep
something like that up to date, given how quickly (alas) bookstores go
out of business.

I hope you have allocated plenty of time for Powell's. g

In my own defense, I have started tagging each entry with the last
update to it.

This is, of course, totally inadequate. :-)

(So I hope people will send me what updates they can.)

--
Evelyn C. Leeper
Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses