Old August 19th 06, 12:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Default The spoof that wasn't

A couple weeks ago I reported that I had been receiving emails from "eBay"
about my watched items having been relisted. The first time they were not
items that I had ever watched, but the second time one of the items was very
similar to what I would be watching, and the other was exactly something I had
been watching! Both times I forwarded them to . Both times I
received the standard "we can assure you that eBay did not send them." This
happened again on Wednesday. Again I reported it to spoof. Today I received
this email from eBay:

"The notice we sent to you incorrectly referred to an item bieng relisted
that is not on the "Watching" list for your account. Although this
notice is an authentic email from eBay, it was mistakenly sent by our
system. We apologize for any inconvenience or concern this might have
caused you.

Other members have also reported receiving notices for items they are
not watching. We appreciate your patience with us as we work to correct
this problem as soon as possible."

I wonder if any other rccers had this experience.

Mr. Jaggers

I have received a couple bogus eBay messages like that, but not lately.
However, as of a couple days ago I started receiving what appears to be
legitimate "eBay Buying Status" emails from them in multiples of four and five
of the identical email. Opened my mail this morning and there were nine
consecutive repetitions of this email. Anyone else experiencing this?

Bruce