Old April 20th 08, 09:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.marketplace
David French[_2_]

Default FA:HORNBY R050 PRINCESS CLASS 4-6-2 - "PRINCESS ROYAL"

http://hornbyauction.com/index.php?a...tem=1102817728

That's a strange looking STAMP you have there!!

Collateral material for SG1276 ...

Yay! Let's hear it for the Cornish Riviera!

It's been a while since I was 'up-close-&-personal'
with one of the real steam engines! I must make a
new plan for the summer break.....

David.

If you're US, look at the C&T.
www.cumbrestoltec.com

Windy Point's enough to take your breath away.

That's one impressive climb there! I am in the UK, and
the only line as dramatic that I can think of is the Mount
Snowdon area - Ffestiniog Railway, in Wales.

There are also some steep runs in Scotland.

Regards,

David.

From the Fairlie's came my favourite Locomotive, the Beyer-Garratt Class
GMAM. I don't think one has ever graced a stamp, though it would probably
have to be a tryptich.

I come from a 'Railway Family' - my Uncle, Father & Grandfather all
worked for British Rail.

My Grandfather was a railwayman from the 1930's up to 1964. He
was one of the regular Drivers of the Green Arrow - a Gresley V2
class engine, British Rail Number 60800 (LNER 4771). It is the last
one left, out of 184 and is still working - thanks to the York Railway
Museum!

I have an original photograph taken in its maiden year (1936) with
my Grandfather looking out of the cab window, and many documents,
books and videos.

What a shame it has never been on a stamp!

Regards,

David.