Old November 16th 04, 01:06 PM
Lynne Stewart

Yah know, I haven't attended a show as a collector since 1996 and as a
dealer since 1997, so I ahve no right to voice thoughts on this topic, but
having said THAT, I'll talk anyway.
I admire those folks who do all of what you mentined below and more, it's an
amazingly tough way to stay involved in the hobby. My hats off to you and
the promoters.
It's been obvious for many years that there are advantages to the Internet.
MAny of the new generation of card collectors haven't ever done anything BUT
use the Internet and Ebay and it seems like only the *old crowd* clings to
the shows.
Good or bad? Good, I think. There is something to be said for getting off
own's duff and getting out to shows.
So, what do people think might work to get people into shows? Keeping costs
in mind, of course.
Lynne

"Beamer" wrote in message ...
Jon,
Maybe 200 people showed up for the show. It cost more money to buy
tables, drive to the show, set up, stay overnight then pack it all up and
go home with less product than you came with but you spent more money to
do the show then you made doing it.
That's a sad state of affairs in this hobby.
In general, very few people go to the shows anymore because you can sit in
your den, go on line, find exactly what you want and never be more than 20
feet from a bathroom or the kitchen.
And the stuff gets shipped right to your door.

Jon Doyle wrote:

Beamer wrote in message

It was terrible.
What a waste of 2 days.