Old November 16th 04, 02:42 AM
Beamer

David,
You say the show was "fine". Is that from the standpoint of a dealer or
a shopper. As a shopper, maybe you found some good deals and great
items to bring home. As a dealer, those of us who still believe in the
idea of doing a show and HATE ebay with every fiber because of what it
has done to this once exciting fun hobby? The show was a huge
dissapointment. Do you know what the tables cost? A night at the
hotel, driving 4 hours each way, gas, tolls, setting up and tearing down
your inventory only to have made less money than you laid out to do the
show.
I stand by my original statement. If this is any hint of what the
furure has to offer the non-sport dealer then I think it may mean the
end of doing shows...

NobleGB wrote:
The show was fine, a good selection of dealers, lots of new material, great
hall - its just that the public didn;t turn up - I personally thought that
being so close to NYC would attract the NY crowd - evidently not - pity.
Dee had done a great job of organising the show, with lots of appropriate
advertising. But it seems like the card collecting communty would rather
become Ebay computer potatoes and pay ridiculously high prices on Ebay rather
than spend a few hours searching shows and communicating with fellow
collectors. Isn't that what the hobby is all about????

Dave Grimes
Check out my WEB Page at
http://members.aol.com/noblegb/page/text.html