Old November 10th 05, 03:59 PM
Alan Marshall

Default Removing baked enamel from coin

most enameled coins are pre engraved to get a depth of colour, if you remove
it i think you find the coin pretty dire.

"Wes Chormicle" wrote in message
et...
Acetone?

"spamnot" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hello fellow collectors,
I have a nice quarter eagle that has the Indian painted and glossed over
with a baked enamel surface. Is there any effective way to easily remove
this without *too much* damage to the coin? The coin, in my opinion, is
already damaged due to the extra "artwork", but I would like to get it
back to the look of just gold without scraping the metal surfaces. Has
anyone ever encountered this or have any suggestions? Thanks in
advance...