Old October 8th 17, 01:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
[email protected]

Default The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen.

Note the image here - do you see it??

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/ENW0YN/orde...ral-ENW0YN.jpg

On Saturday, 2 October 1999 08:00:00 UTC+1, Edward Hyde wrote:
The following couplet appeared weekly in the Oban Times newspaper
(Scotland) for very many years. It was an advert for MacNiven and
Cameron, wholesale stationers, Edinburgh and I think the Camerons were
related to the then proprietors of the Oban Times.

"They come as a boon and a blessing to men,
the Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen".

These, I believe were nibs for dip pens. Has anyone had dealings with
them?
--

Ed.