Old March 17th 08, 03:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default Rock-Ola Rhapsody 160 tech qestion

On Mar 16, 6:15*pm, "Ralphy" wrote:
Hello everyone.

* *I have a 1963 *Rock-Ola Rhapsody 160. *I've been reading this newsgroup
for a few months now since I acquired my jukebox.

* The problem I'm having is, my Jukebox takes quite a while to warm up or
just to start playing selections. *It has been getting worse lately, it use
to start OK but then it would quit during some selections and start up
again, now it's taking what could be up to 2 - 3 hours to start playing the
selection. *But once it starts playing a playlist it's fine, like if I
select 10 song it will play them no problem back to back, once it returns to
its start position it will take forever to start playing again.

I have no idea at where to start with this, my best guess would be a vacuum
tube needs replacing????

* Thank you for your time and, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alex

Well Alex, There is the obvious. Have the elctronics looked at by a
pro, meaning sending the amp and selection reciever to say Bill
Bickers or somebody like that. http://www.jukeboxamprepair.com

Unless the electronics have already been recapped, just changing tubes
won't help much.