Old March 10th 05, 01:17 PM
William M. Klimon

"Barbara Roden" wrote in message
news:6FMXd.23606$fc4.6535@edtnps89...

Yes, there is an M-bag service available from Royal Mail; I don't know if
private individuals can use it, but we certainly did when we lived in the
U.K. and were shipping books back to North America, and we know dealers
there who still use it. Make sure, though, that if your books are sent to
you in an M-bag that whoever does the wrapping makes the box bullet-proof
and well-padded; our experience of how some books arrive when they're
shipped by M-bag suggests that at some point they're used in football
matches.

I've had the same experience. Thanks for confirming my memories.

William M. Klimon
http://www.catholicbookcollector.com