Old July 12th 08, 12:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
trippin-2-8-track

Default Toshiba sa-500 receiver

On Jul 12, 3:54*am, carfreak wrote:
On Jul 11, 4:33*pm, trippin-2-8-track wrote:

On Jul 11, 1:36*pm, carfreak wrote:

On Jul 11, 6:33*am, trippin-2-8-track wrote:

On Jul 11, 12:52*am, carfreak wrote:

On Jul 10, 7:35*pm, DeserTBoB wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 18:44:55 -0700 (PDT), carfreak

wrote:
sorry to ruin your fun, desertbob, but it wasnt what you think.. *it
was advice along with an offer to repair my receiver for a cost. snip

Usually, he sends diatribes to others about his "enemies," as people
send me the mail they get from him. *Consider yourself lucky in that
regard, but this guy Charlie Nudo is NO electronics technician. *What
the game is with Noodles is that he's hooked in with the owner of a
dying electronics shop in Hazelton, PA. *Noodles takes your unit to
him, has the dude repair it, and then tacks on his take on top of it.
You'd be far better off taking it to someone local to you...assuming
you can find one. *Even if you go for online repair, better to send
the unit directly to this guy's shop rather than go through our
resident scumbag.

yeah, he said it was minimum 100 buck charge plus shipping. *I told
him it would cost that much to send it there from ca. and theres no
way im paying 200 bucks, on something Rusty and I can do by ourselves.- Hide quoted text -

carfreak- thanks for email reply, I just sent you another one

what the hell is going on? *everyone's telling me something else is
wrong, who to believe and not to believe.
direct quote from trippin-2-8...
"don't listen to that DeserTBob guy- he gives repair advice, and when
a person does it, it ends up ruining their receiver and tape deck- the
guy is a poser"
"I have a cert in basic electronics, and have been repairing/buying/
selling stereos on the net and ebay now, for 7 years- my partner has
been in business for 30 years- what I can't fix, I take over there,
and we always end up fixing it- most times it is only 1 or 2 small
components to solder in- but it has to be isolated and troubleshooted
first, to find what's wrong- that's the hard part"- Hide quoted text -

yeh, what IS going on ? *direct quote from carfreak: