Old July 2nd 08, 12:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Dominion Day (was- 8-Track)

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 22:23:05 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

So I am enjoying Dominion Day today. If you observe a current calendar
you will likely not see it listed. It will possibly say Canada Day. That is
because social engineers (or some such ilk) changed a good sounding name
that was in use since 1867 to something reeking of blandness in 1982. I mean
a standard gag is to insert a word before "Day" and cause mirth, eh? "What
is it? Idiot Day today?". "Say, I did not notice anything about Pimple Day
on my calendar.". "Hey Canadian Guy, how's Canada Day coming along?". Pretty
lame. snip

So's "Bumler Day" at Beech Mountain Lakes Resorts, Drums, PA, aka
"Toxic Waste Evaluation Day." Happens about once a week. Also
festive there is the "Your Water Is Unsafe Day," which happens
frequently and not on any particular schedule. Less oft comes "Your
Crackerbox House Is On Fire And There's Not A Drop In The Hydrants
Day", which is every day at Lake Bumler.