Old July 1st 08, 11:23 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

Default Dominion Day (was- 8-Track)

So I am enjoying Dominion Day today. If you observe a current calendar
you will likely not see it listed. It will possibly say Canada Day. That is
because social engineers (or some such ilk) changed a good sounding name
that was in use since 1867 to something reeking of blandness in 1982. I mean
a standard gag is to insert a word before "Day" and cause mirth, eh? "What
is it? Idiot Day today?". "Say, I did not notice anything about Pimple Day
on my calendar.". "Hey Canadian Guy, how's Canada Day coming along?". Pretty
lame.
So later this week, you folks south of the line (or north if you are in
Alaska or Detroit) enjoy Independence Day or The Fourth or Fourth of July.
Just watch they do not try to rename it something unnecessary and "today".
Go to the range and fire off a cap and ball Colt. Eat plenty of chicken
fried steak and gravy with apple pie and ice cream. Or delicious Texas
watermelons. Pick the national anthem (watch that thing too) on the axe of
your choice. Enjoy.