Old May 27th 07, 06:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default TC 8 Update

On Sun, 27 May 2007 16:43:12 GMT, "ommadawn"
wrote:

Now my Sony player is emitting a high pitched squeal from the left channel.
I opened up the unit to see if maybe it was a lubriaction issue (it wasn't.)
The sound emits when the unit is switched on, even w/o a tape inserted.

Any thoughts? snip

Sounds like a Sony to me!

Seriously, it sounds like something's going into oscillation, usually
caused by a dried up, bad capacitor, but it could be any number of
issues.

I don't like/buy/use Sony products because of their long history of
failure.