Old December 24th 07, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bobstamp

Default Post Office history (New Mexico)

Thank you, John. I think we can safely assume that the January 1, 1947
date is correct.

I have published a web page about the post office and some of my early
philatelic (and other) experiences in Arenas Valley. I invite any and
all rcsd participants to read it and comment if they wish. My
childhood friend Ernest Harper plays a role in the story. Yesterday I
decided to contact him, and spent about half an hour on the phone with
him and with his wife, Doris, who was another of the kids in Arenas
Valley. It was the first time since the summer of 1966 that I had
spoken with Ernest. The URL: http://www.ingraham.ca/bob/arenasvalley.html.

Thanks again for your help. This group continues to be a treasure,
despite MI5 "persecution"!

Bob