Old July 18th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
bill allemann

Default ID of Cyrano de Bergerac copy?

I have an copy of Cyrano de Bergerac publ in 1898 by Lamson, Wolfe, &
Company.
On some edu website, I saw one reference to this version as a first ed
(English translation), but in searching used.addall.com and others, I'm only
seeing versions from other publishers, generally with a green cloth and gold
lettering. This copy is more of a blue cloth with silver lettering. I've
never found this particular version for sale anywhere.
Would a local bookstore/appraiser be likely to have information that I would
not be able to find myself on the internet? I want to sell it on ebay or
whatever, but it is in exceptional condition and I want to find out more
about its value.