Old March 12th 04, 04:27 AM
Kramer

Default What is this? Penny on one side dime on the other !?

Hello All,

When I was a kid I tried my hand at coin collecting but never carried it very far. Am now in my mid 40's and Mom hands me an old stamp collection that was my fathers. Have been selling parts of that collection off and assembling my own collection out of it.

Now Mom hands me a small sack of old coins I had asked her to hold that we both had forgotten about. Pretty straightforward stuff until the sack reveals a coin, looks like its somehow clad 2 coins together, the face is a 1936 Lincoln penny head, the reverse is a reverse of a dime of that era.

I have no recollection of this coin at all. An examination of the edge clearly shows 2 distinctly different metals. It also has a hollow sound to it when dropped on a glass table, as opposed to the ring of a penny or dime.

Can anyone tell me what I've got here?

Best Regards, Kramer