Old October 25th 03, 01:47 PM
Darren

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 19:44:54 -0400, "Scottishmoney"
wrote:

"Darren Turnbull" wrote in message
I never said Scotland was part of England. You're getting your England,
Great Britain, United Kingdom, British Isles, British Empire, Wales,
Scotland, Ireland/Eire/Irish Free State, Northern Ireland/Ulster/Six
Counties confused.

Gees, your British and you left out...

Actually I'm English

Isle of Man, Guernesey, Jersey, Alderney, Rockall, the Kingdom of Fife, the
Isle of Wight, Lundy, Cornwall, Sealand(had to through that in for laughs
Vauxhall, the Isle of Bernera, and most importantly the West End Girls of
London.

Lindisfarne, Shetland Islands, Sark, Sicly Isles, Isle of Dogs(!), the
Bigg Market on a Saturday night, although that is almost another
planet!

Mygees, nah trah an' quote me some obscure locations here in these 'Merican
States whay don'na yah?

Mmm... let me see, every where gets a little obscure after Virginia,
New England and Pennsylvania... but after a little thought Guam,
Midway, Samoa, Puerto Rico and one I learnt from school Kingman Reef
(great name) Of course then there's that other place with the Austrian
King.

And there are still no banknotes in Scotland that are legal tender (nor

from
Northern Ireland for that matter)

BoE 10/- and £1 notes were legal tender in Scawttyland, that was until the
demise of the 10/- note in 1969 with the intro of the 50p and the £1 note in
the 1980's. Now nothing is.

So would it be correct to state that the BoE One Pound Note was the
last bank note to be legal tender in Scotland?

Northern Ireland is a mess currency wise, and otherwise too as we all well
know. I think one of the banks prints fivers, but the other three do not.
Euro notes are accepted readily there, my sis remembers spending them in NI
when she was there last year. I asked her to save me some NI quid, but not
being the obedient younger sis, she did not of course.

I think Northern Ireland has a few other more pressing problems than
it's banknotes. But that sister of yours... cuh!

Dave

Darren