Old May 9th 11, 11:24 PM
burnedfingers burnedfingers is offline
Member

Location: Midwest

Thanks for the reply.

The noise seems to increase the more the amplifier is taxed. Lower the output and the static and or noise goes down. Seems to be consistant with the LM3886 if damaged. The amplifier module is running 4pr of speakers with VC's. As the load is increased the noise is increased on 3 of the 4pr of speakers. Replaced the CD PRO2 with a rebuilt unit because the original unit wouldn't play a track without returning the CD, It now will play thru a CD but the noise is still there. I wanted to know if the "RED ELECTRONICS" unit could be substituted to buy me time to repair the original "ORANGE" unit. Internal speakers also have the noise problem.

The CD PRO 2 that I took out will not play in different 8B Bubbler jukebox. It exhibits the same skip fault indicating that both the motor and the optical unit need replaced.

So is the digital decoder board on the CD PRO 2 unit or in the Preamp/control/amplifier 70038-1A unit?