Old March 12th 04, 06:47 PM
Coin Saver

From: iras4

Kramer asks:
a coin, looks like its somehow 2 coins together, the face is a Lincoln penny

head, the reverse is a reverse of a dime / Can anyone tell me what I've got
here?

Yes. It's a novelty known as a magician's coin. Used as a pocket trick for

decades. The magician seems to turn a cent into a dime,(by flipping the coin).
Worth about $1.

These retail for about $3.95 or so, depending on the magic shop. There is an
interesting scam that a few unethical sleight of hand artists use this for,
similar to the shell game scam.

There are 3 opaque shot glasses. The scammer shows the mark 2 pennies and a
dime. As he places them under the shot glasses, he "secretly" flips the dime to
show the penny side up ... you get the idea. The mark can never find the dime.

8-o

Coin Saver