Old June 28th 08, 03:43 PM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
MatthewK

Default FPN Dip**** of the Month: Gerry! (or Being a Guest in Gerry's ********!")

On 2008-06-28, The Drunken Lord wrote:

Old Griz is the one who came up with the plan of drilling a hole in
the rear end of Pilot Varsity pens and pouring new ink in them when
they run dry. I read those posts and thought, "Old Griz must be a
backdoor man." There's a simpler way to refill the Pilot Varsity's,
though Old Griz's way might be better--all you do is pull the feed
off, refill, and put it back on.

And apologies to Old Griz if he didn't come with the drilling plan for
the Varsities, but I think that was Old Griz.

I remember that post too but can't think if it was griz or
not. Somebody, maybe him, was suggesting plugging the whole
with a machine screw and o-ring. The whole idea seemed like
guilding-the-lilly to me.

I'm using my varsity pens for nib grinding practice, if I get
one I like I may refill it by pulling off the section. I never
liked those pens, too broad a nib for my taste, the ink seem to
feather on anything.

I guess they're my lamy "safari" ha ha,

matthew