Old June 28th 08, 04:55 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
The Drunken Lord[_2_]

Default FPN Dip**** of the Month: Gerry! (or Being a Guest in Gerry's ********!")

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:16:18 -0700 (PDT), Ananias
wrote:

Although FPN might keep living on...I dont think you will find any of
the true fountain pen people we mostly enjoy reading posting there. It
will slowly die into nothing but a kumbaya club of people chatting
inks and love. Pentrace is much more enducational and much more
entertaining to read for people who understand know and enjoy pens and
collecting. FPN will quite possibly eventually have to change their
name to Dancing Bunny Network - Where everyone can be called a back
slapper.

" Gerry
post Jun 2 2008, 04:26 AM
Group: Admin
From: Ottawa, Ontario

Sigh....

I guess y'all need a little help ignoring this thread....

Regards,

Gerry "

Of course, here we can talk about what we want, including what a
dip**** Gerry is. And there's not a goddamn thing Gerry can do about
that.

But that's what it's like to be a guest in Gerry's ********.

And, of course, Gerry would never show here, though I'd love it if he
would.

Regarding your other comments on FPN--of course, it is set up for a
big blowup, and somebody else will start some other web forum--or
pentrace will get its stuff together and get a more decent board.

Actually, we've had some decent discussions here for the first time in
awhile--at least I think it's been awhile. I had totally quit
monitoring this newsgroup for awhile, a long while. Then I checked
back after I got so disgusted with FPN

But I don't think FPN will go down the tubes. I mean, in one sense,
it's already down the tubes. But there will be people posting on FPN,
who will continue to post, just because most FPN'ers don't even know
what the usenet is and could never figure out how to get here.