Old March 15th 07, 05:05 PM posted to misc.invest.misc,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting.paper-money,sci.econ
Roger Hunt

Default Obsolete Currency and Coin (was Least valuable currency)

Michael G. Koerner wrote

(snip here and there)

I wonder though, is a 1794 US Cent still legal tender in the shops over
there?

ALL coins produced and legally issued by the USMint remain legal tender at
their face value in the USA.
Yes, that 1794 Cent still retains its 1¢ face value, but I don't know if I'd
leave it in one of those penny trays by the register at the local Kwickimart.

It is very very impressive to have that length of continuity in any
currency, and I still loathe this new money we have here.
--
Roger Hunt