Old June 14th 14, 02:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Philly book fair closes?

I'd already bought my bus ticket to go down to Philadelphia tomorrow. The promotional material said:
The Philadelphia Vintage Book & Ephemera Fair will be held on Friday & Saturday June 13 & 14, and presents some of the finest vintage Book & Ephemera Dealers in America. This is the only major Vintage Book & Ephemera event held in the greater Philadelphia region and offers an unparalleled opportunity for all Book & Ephemera lovers. It's at the Sheraton Downtown Hotel, 201 N. 17th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. Hours are Friday 5-9pm & Saturday: 10am-4pm.

Ten minutes ago, the following was posted on Facebook:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, we are forced to close the Philadelphia Vintage Book & Ephemera fair early. We will NOT be open on Saturday. We apologize profusely for this inconvenience, but this decision is completely beyond our ability to alter.

The fair ran a grand total of four hours. :-(