Old March 16th 11, 04:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

Default Unique and special stamps

On 3/15/2011 3:07 PM, Sir F. A. Rien wrote:
found these unused words:

Thanks also for snipping the offered DICTIONARY listed definition.

"1 - very special, unusual, or good"

Your 'strictly' definition of 'only one' was the #3 in the offered listing
in several dictionaries.

I often snip messages when my reply is only directed to one part of the
message.

I'm only offering my opinion, not trying to rewrite any dictionaries.

Although I don't agree with Salinger with his use of "fairly unique" I
realize he has written more books than I have -- one -- and was entitled
to use the word in any way he wanted.

Bill