Old January 26th 13, 12:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
linxlvr[_2_]

Default Where have all the collectors gone?

On Monday, December 3, 2012 3:33:12 PM UTC-5, scotkamins wrote:
Hi Folks,

Last time I was here was several years ago. At that time dozens of

messages were posted here every day. Unless my newsfeed has gone

kerbluey, I'm seeing just a few messages AT MOST for any recent day.

Is there a new newsgroup for coins somewhere? I mean. I know that Usenet

is in decline but surely interest in coin collecting hasn't disappeared!

And thanks!

Jerry Dennis is right. We didn't all die off in a 5 year span. We just got sick of the BS. As an example, back in the xmas swap days, I was doing three swaps each yr. I ended up making friends with a good number of them. None of them were here after we started getting constant spam. I stayed in touch with them for quite a time. We all just had better things to do than read crap that some screwballs want to post.