Old May 22nd 06, 11:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default 2006 Silver Proof Sets Arrived

Harv wrote:
Sets received in today's mail which is interesting considering The MInt's
site said they were shipped yesterday by "Parcel Post" - now how they get
Parcel Post from Memphis (home of Elvis and the Ancient Greeks).. to So.
Calif. in one day I'll never know. Beautiful sets. No fingerprints or
boogers or dead bugs or anything else inside the plastic holders, and it
only took a couple of blasting caps and a few minutes with a jackhammer to
get the weirdly shaped, slim, airbag-free shipping box open. Now someone
tell me, are those people in the covered wagon on the Nebraska State quarter
supposed to have extra corn husk leaves coming out of their ears?

Harv

Same here. The morning I received the email saying they had shipped,
the USPS truck pulled up as I was leaving for the office and handed me
the package. That was literally "overnight" as well.