Old May 17th 05, 04:56 AM
Papito

On 16-May-2005, (Edward McGrath) wrote:

Geez you gotta get some books on modern paper money if you think bills
are only worth face value. 2003 B (NY) $1 star note in crisp
uncirculated condition worth $100, and there are plenty of others.
Knowledge is the key to paper money collecting.

Quite true. I thought my father was silly when he set aside a small stack
of CU series 1985 one dollar bills. He thought they were neat because they
have consecutive serial numbers. I didn't immagine they would ever be worth
anything.

Last time I saw a price guide, I think they were listed at $5 each or so. I
couldn't believe it.

Paper money is so much less interesting to me than coins I rarely bring
myself to save it, even if I notice a fancy serial number or a star note,
but logically, its higher attrition rates could easily mean that it is a
better investment in terms of saving items from circulation than coins are.