Old May 17th 05, 04:47 AM
Papito

On 16-May-2005, Bob Hairgrove wrote:

My stepfather bought an uncirculated roll of 1968-S Lincoln cents when
they were issued. This year and mint had the lowest mintage number of
any date from 1958 until the present, excluding proofs.

Today, these are worth less than the 1968-P cents which had five times
the mintage numbers, and they are worth about the same as any of the
later common dates. Were the 1968-P's melted down or something??

It has to be a supply effect -- Lots of other people saving 1968 S BU rolls,
possibly because they are rare and "will be worth something someday."

I buy BU cent rolls from a local dealer on occasion. Usually 1963 give or
take. He charges me 75 cents. The only thing I can think is that there
must have been a _lot_ of people saving BU rolls back then.