Old October 11th 03, 11:02 PM
amyotte

Thanks for the update Terry.
I am again working on my SPS160 and enjoy reading success stories.

Brian

"Terry Kuhns" wrote in message
om...
The cable going into the tormat will have a very low resistance, which
will look like a short. This is normal. Have you wiggled the rca

plug
in and out of the DCC jack while the juke is searching for a selection
and it still didn't select? If so you probably have a bad DCC. Start
out by changing all the electrolytic capacitors in it, and cleaning

the
plug connections on the circuit boards.

Tony,

I have tried wiggling the jacks, even tried the battery test but the
result was still the same. I have checked/cleaned all the plugs and
plug connections so my next step will be to replace all the elect.
caps as you said. I have replaced 2 of them on the power supply board
as 1 was broken off and the other was leaking. I guess caps are caps
and just like on the older pins it is best to replace them, eliminates
a lot of trouble down the road!!

Thanks for the info on where to go next!!

-Terry

Followup: juke is now working!!!

I replaced the caps as was suggested and it still didn't work.... I
got to checking voltages on the DCC and was missing the +27v. I
backtracked and rechecked my work and found I had put a cap in
backwards on the power supply, DUH! I changed it to the correct
position and still no +27v. I found a blown fuse on the power supply
(they were all fine when checked previously!), replaced it and now the
juke works great!!

As far as my original problem of it not making selections, the problem
was in the caps as Tony suggested! I put in fresh caps which I got
from Vern Tisdale, he puts them in a great package BTW, with
schematics and parts labelled.

I would like to thank everyone's suggestions and tips, they were all
very helpful in working out this problem!

Thanks again,
-Terry