Old January 6th 08, 01:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes,alt.politics,alt.politics.republican,alt.politics.democrats,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
DeserTBoB

Default 4th Bush Recession could lift Romney, sink McCain

On Sat, 5 Jan 2008 16:40:54 -0800 (PST), trippin-2-8-track
wrote:

you need to take responsibility for your own financial income and
economic security- it's not "W" or anyone else's fault- no single man
is responsible for, or can alter, the economic cycles- they go up and
down throughout history, regardless snip

Why are you addressing me? My finances are in better shape than 90%
of Americans, per the government's own figures. I have no debt to
speak of, solvent investments that outpaced both the Dow and NASDAQ
averages last year, an ERISA-protected pension and real holdings. You,
on the other hand, have nothing.

when FDR was president, there was a major depression, that lasted 12
years- try as he did, nothing pulled this country out of it, until the
mfg. base got fired up for WWII snip

....a depression caused by the looting of the economy by ne'er-do-wells
under Harding and Coolidge, exacerbated by the Marie Antionette-style
musings of a dullardish Herbert Hoover...THAT depression? FDR's
alphabet soup kept a LOT of people from starving during that
Republican-made fiscal disaster...and brought the modernity of
electricity to the rural South for the first time, after
Republican-owned private utilities refused to serve rural customers.

the only thing I can see maybe "should" be done, is start requiring
companies that sell 50% or more of their goods in the USA, to have
factories here- and employ US workers, rather than overseas workers snip

Duh...really! How about OWNERSHIP, nut bag? THAT'S the problem!

the trend of shipping all our mfg. jobs overseas, is killing our job
base- the reason the US economy was so strong during the post-war
"boom years" of 1945-70, was that we made nearly 60% of the world's
mfg. goods here in USA snip

True.

we need to get back to that, because now the only areas of growth, are
jobs created using taxpayer money, i.e. gov't and agency jobs

not good snip

Charlie Nudo actually comes up with a FACT...rare in the four years
I've been beating him over the head. Very good, Noodles. Did you
take your meds today, or what?

Fact is, in the latest, dismal job creation figures, over two-thirds
of those jobs showing up in that quarter were, as Noodles says,
government jobs. These was never counted before Ronnie RayGun, whose
allowance of the beginning of the decimation of Industrial America
started piling up double digit unemployment figures quarter after
quarter in the '80s...until his handlers figured out they could change
the rules and fudge the figures...then everything looked great! Don't
mind those people who went from good union manufacturing jobs to
terminal unemployment...they don't count anymore...that's the real
RayGun legacy.

I've always placed RayGun in my "ten worst presidents" cadre. Reaons:
serving under the influence of Alzheimer's and Nancy Davis.