Old January 31st 05, 01:48 AM
Bob Peterson

"WinWinscenario" wrote in message
Source? Attribution? Slabs have been a standard part of the hobby for
almost
20 years now. Third-party authentication goes back even further to the
days
when ANACS was owned by the ANA.
--
mark

I think the evolution of the hobby has been reflected in the
transformation of
some of the leading figures. For example, Q. David Bowers used to write
derogatorily about the need for 3rd party grading. Then he got sucked
into a
CU stock deal that made him a millionaire (again) many times over. All of
sudden, slabs became a -good- thing, and his writing started to reflect
that
completely different view.

Or maybe he just changed his mind over time. Most of us, if we are being
intellectually honest, have realized that something we believed was true no
longer is. Things do change, and the market acceptance of slabbed coins
make them a big part of today's coin market. that was not true even ten
years ago.

Regards,
Tom