Old May 4th 05, 05:04 PM
A.E. Gelat

Mars bars were sold in the USA under that name, but are no longer
manufactured here. I checked their web site. I will look for Milky Way in
stores. Incidentally, the name of the company that makes these and other
varieties of candy is now called Mars Incorporated.. They have expanded
their activities to include pet care, main course meals, drinks,
electronics, information technology, etc. This list may explain why they
changed the name of the candy bar.

Tony

"Christian Feldhaus" wrote in message
d...
Darren wrote:

The myth exposed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4103415.stm

Wait ... From that article: "It was locally named the Milky Way bar but
called the Mars bar in Europe."

Now that is odd. I don't like either bar, but I am sure that both "Milky
way" and "Mars" can be bought in stores here (Germany). So if I --
theoretically -- wanted a Mars candy bar in the US, I'd have to ask for
a Milky Way bar? Strrrange.

Christian