Old August 8th 03, 02:48 AM
David Heverly

kcat wrote in message

i suppose but there's the MOMA chair that is unique and I think
innovative. MOMA thought so too. I can't recall the designer or the
proper name of the chair. It has no back but is more like a stool.
but it is on a spring-like base that forces one to interact with the
chair for balance and movement. Supposedly increases blood flow and
improves posture, balance and the strength of certain muscles. too
much time in a static chair can be unhealthy.

Kcat, is this the chair to which you referred?
http://momastore.org/webapp/wcs/stor...4444&langId=-1

If so, it's called the Swopper Stool. And that spring looks as if
it's at least part pedestal. I can appreciate the fact that it's
"interactive" and provides some exercise. But I can interact and get
some small measure of exercise with my Grandma's Stickley rocking
chair. Again, it may be a new interpretation of a stool, but is it
really an innovation?

As I think about it, the use of ink bearing instruments for
handwriting is probably going the way of the feather quill. The
future is going to be the stylus and handwriting recognition software.
I go to the store and instead of signing a credit slip, I sign a
screen and my receipt is printed with my signature. I use a Palm
instead of a Daytimer. And in a few years, I can see Notepad
computers becoming good enough and cheap enough to displace desktops
and notebooks. If the handwriting recognition software becomes
sophisticated enough, who'll need to go to Handwriting Bootcamp?

David
Who wonders if using fountain pens will make us "historical
reenators".