Old August 7th 03, 10:30 PM
marlinspike

How long does it take for a piston gasket to go bad though? My dad's Pelikan
which was never flushed and used rarely starting in around the mid-80's (was
used a lot before then) worked perfectly until i shook sawdust off my shirt,
forgeting it was in my shirt pocket (it proceeded to fly out and break).
Richard
wrote in message ...
marlinspike wrote:

Anyways, couldn't it be argued that a piston is the best filler? I mean,
sure it doen't insulate as well, but I have never heard of the walls of

pen deteriorating like a sac can.

Couldnt it also be argued its one of the worse fillers? No insulation.
The slightest hairline crack means a major probable leak and a useless
pen. If you havent heard of the walls of a piston filler deteriorating
you havent heard much about some Omas pens.

So what about a sac going bad since piston gaskets go bad too? Frank