Old May 22nd 05, 08:46 PM
Bob Flaminio

Willy P wrote:
I have purchased several inexpense bronze Roman coins in ICG holders
because I like the idea of buying "old" coins which have some third
party unbiased opinion on grade,authenticity and attribution.

So, to sum up, what's the latest opinion on ICG and ancients?

Here's my opinion, worth exactly what you paid for it. Grading ancients
by the Sheldon scale is a joke to begin with. That said, ICG's grade is
probably no less jokeworthy than anyone else's. I think ICG does a good
job authenticating ancients, and I would definitely trust that an
ancient purchased in an ICG slab is either genuine; or if it is fake,
ICG will make good by it. As far as attribution, I have no idea.

--
Bob