Old February 29th 04, 08:47 PM
Anonymous Joe

"Malanutt 4 Life" wrote in message
There are 10 straps in a "brick", 1,000 notes. But I have also heard of
"blocks" so I wonder if those are what have 40 straps in them. I know

there are
packaged note bigger than bricks and that might be what a block is.

Someone
correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom

A block is something else entirely. I sure hope I'm right on this, but a
block has an unspecified amount of notes within it. It is the letters of
the serial numbers. So, a $1 with A00000000A is in the same block as
A56314521A, even though there are some 50 million notes between them. Then
again you could think of it as a block made in a specific month.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~dmoffitt/serials/ can tell you what notes are in
the same block from the same month. As you'll see, there isn't a set amount
of notes made in a month.....I'm also not sure if in a month that it says
A00000000A through A9600000000A was made if that means every note in between
was made as well....