Old July 1st 08, 12:10 AM posted to alt.politics,alt.politics.democrats,alt.politics.republican,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
nobody[_3_]

Default GOP favorability: Lowest ever

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:01:26 -0400, Governor Swill
wrote:

This is nobody's brain on drugs:
He has little in the way of specific proposals there. There is little
that he offers in the way of alternatives that will happen in even ten
years. In fact, some of his proposals will actually *increase* the
cost of energy.

His proposals shown here seem specific enough. As for increasing the
cost of energy, doing nothing will increase it even faster. If you
don't think so, consider the increase in gas prices since Bush came to
office. Perhaps the best news here is the job creation that will
result from shifting to domestic energy production.
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/energy/

Feel free to quote anything specific that will make a significant
difference in the next 10 years. Oh yeah, I missed something. He's
for Cap and Trade. This will equal a tax increase on anyone using
energy. That'll help...

McCain otoh, offers crap like this:
"John McCain's Clean Car Challenge. John McCain will issue a Clean Car
Challenge to the automakers of America, in the form of a single and
substantial tax credit for the consumer based on the reduction of
carbon emissions. He will commit a $5,000 tax credit for each and
every customer who buys a zero carbon emission t car, encouraging
automakers to be first on the market with these cars in order to
capitalize on the consumer incentives. For other vehicles, a graduated
tax credit will apply so that the lower the carbon emissions, the
higher the tax credit. "

In other words, he intends to do nothing until the markets have
already accomplished the goal of zero emissions, then he's going to
cut a tax. What about investing in the research and technology that's
going to be needed to arrive at that zero emissions car?

I must have missed your quote from Obama's site that spelled out the
incentives offered to those who would buy clean air / zero emission
cars.

Oh, and you missed his rather specific ideas also (but what else can
one expect from a lib). These are topics only. Refer to his web site

http://www.johnmccain.com//Informing...f1468e96f4.htm

for details (since oddly you cited only Obama's web page".

"John McCain Will Commit Our Country To Expanding Domestic Oil
Exploration......"

"John McCain Believes In Promoting And Expanding The Use Of Our
Domestic Supplies Of Natural Gas...."

John McCain Will Propose A $300 Million Prize To Improve Battery
Technology For Full Commercial Development Of Plug-In Hybrid And Fully
Electric Automobiles...." (That's called Free Enterprise by the way)

"John McCain Supports Flex-Fuel Vehicles (FFVs) And Believes They
Should Play A Greater Role In Our Transportation Sector..."

And it goes on and on.

Swill