Old August 31st 04, 10:21 AM
Andy Dingley

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:34:34 -0400, gr
wrote:

What is the best procedure to separate these pages so they become
readable again?

Time. You _really_ can't rush this process. Be patient. It's
particularly difficult for manuals, advertising and magazine paper,
because of the extra sizing on glossy papers.

I wouldn't use steam myself - I'd go for cold humidity, from an
ultrasonic mister. You can buy these expensively from conservation
suppliers, or make your own from an indoor fountain ornament (usually
with dragons and some sub-Tolkein "misty cave" rubbish on it). The
advantage of cold humidity is that both wil help to unstick things,
but it causes less distortion to the paper than hot steam.

This isn't the best place to ask this question - it's probably the
best place on Usenet, but somewhere like the Palimpsest list at
Stanford will have more details
http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/
--
Smert' spamionam