Old February 27th 07, 11:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

Default AMI Jukebox Value

On Feb 27, 11:51 am, "Radiola" wrote:
On Feb 26, 7:14 pm, "Coinopwarehouse"
wrote:

I would try and be in it around $200 or $250 as they aren't too
desirable.

Wow, that's about the price this person wants to part with it for. I
thought they would be worth allot more. I mainly want it not for
resale value, but just to have the experience of working on it,
getting some experience.

Appreciate your feedback.

GB

Then that is the perfect deal Go and buy it, and a manual, and
you will learn a lot from the experience.

Even if you do make a total mess of it (which Im' sure you won't), or
find that juke repair is not for you, you have only lost $200 and not
thousands.

One thing I would do is replace all the mains wiring in it before you
do anything else. It tends to go brittle and fall apart with age and
can be a fire/shock hazard. The wires that connect the carriage to
the mechanism also suffer metal fatigue from the constant bending and
break internally, causing problems too.