Old November 6th 05, 05:53 AM
Class A Triodes

Default Seeburg C red cartridge help needed

wrote in message
ups.com...

Inboomer scribbled;

Good answer, Joseph (Tony). I feel the same way, from what I've heard
about the O3d. Not being as skilled in electronics/sound issues as
others out there, I must beg the question, though, The original post
was referring to a Seeburg C, and the follow-up reply was referring to
a Seeburg G. Is there an issue (electronics-wise) with the difference
between a C, and a "high-fidelity" G amp?... snip.... The ''G'' Amp has

the ultra-linear
screen taps on the output transformer primary which reduce distortion...

look up
''David Hafler'' for more info..snip.....I don't know....I only pose
the question for those of us who are (otherwise) electronics
illiterate. Rob
Joseph A. 'Tony' Dziedzic wrote:
Well Ken, you're of course welcome to your own opinion, but I've found

that
the Pickering 345-03D was an excellent replacement in terms of sound

quality.
Of course, I paid $50 or less for the ones that I bought. Would I pay

$300
for one today? Probably not, but not because of the sound quality.

Joseph "Tony" Dziedzic

In article ,
(Ken G.) wrote:
You are going to be told about some O3D or some thing like that 300$
cartridge by some people and its a WASTE of money .
I put a Pickering aluminum gold colored cased cartidge in my Seeburg G
and it sounds 5 times better than that O3D thing . It has no model # on
it . I have seen them in black aluminum also and they go cheap . Mine
plays all records just fine