Old November 5th 04, 03:38 AM
Jim Murphy

If memory serves correctly the 1250 uses a cobra cart which will pick up
highs better than some of the crystal types. The amp had some compensation
circuitry to de-emphasise the scratches. This is true of many jukebox amps
with some having switches allowing the operator to determine the level of
compensation.

"Ken G." wrote in message
Mark and (Jim ? )

Agreed fully . I own a Wurlitzer 1250 made in 1950 it sounds great but
not real strong on bass accept a good record it shakes the floor ...
anyway this machine has one big 15`` speaker . The amp has a socket for
an external amp of all things . I got curious and plugged an amp in .
The sound i got was far better than expected with super crisp highs and
good bass . The modern powered sub woofer flunked this test though :-)

My Seeburg G plays some pretty scratched up records very clean ..
intersting ..the 1250 does not hide the scratches well .