Old November 2nd 04, 06:48 AM
george craig

Rick, i never put padding in my Q160 as my main focus was on the 201...
I posted pics of how it is installed in my 201 at the
alt.binaries.pictures.radio N/G.... I think I will start tweeking the Q160
with padding and see how it sounds
...............George

"george craig" wrote in message
My Seeburg Q160 is similar to the 222 and has the 6973 output tubes, and
7199
as driver.... as I recall , the 222 amp has 6973 outputs a 12AX7A as
driver...

I moded my Q160 amp and run with the AGC tubes pulled , the cartridge is
the origional type with the grey diamond needles bass boost is set to MID
position and trebel is set to MAX position origional equipment speakers
which
includes a crossover and tweeter....

My Q160 has quite a bit of punchy bass but the mid range and trebel could

be
better and cleaner sounding......

Me thinks the cartridge in the Q160 is not as good as the stereo

cartridge
used in
later 60's jukes....... the 345-03D was a mono version of this cartridge
.... these
cartridges all have diferent plugs and would require changing the tone arm
or making an adaptor to fit.....I finally decided to just leave it stock..
but at some time I will look into changing the tone arm and cartridge
.......George

"Rick Force" wrote in message
om...
hi George,
The coaxials are Atlas/Soundolier C123, 12" woofers with 3" post
mounted tweeters, 16ohm, 25 watts.

"george craig" wrote in message

Rick , what type of coaxial speakers are you using??? you state your

222
has muddy bass on new 80's 90's records with bass boost set to max

...you
might try putting acoustic dampening material behind the speakers

this
will
absorb internal reflections that will clean up mid range frequencies

and
dampen boom with the bass boost set to max... as an experiment try

using a
couple of towels ....the closer they are to the speaker the greater

the
dampening
effect......George