View Single Post
Old July 20th 04, 02:40 PM
Fred Shecter
external usenet poster

Well, if Jim Benfield had not passed away and continued to work on overcoming the
obstacles to Golden Dollar circulation (like sorting out and melting down the SBA/Apollo
XI dollars), I was betting on 2004. That was not to be....

If Kerry wins, then you can bet that the Crane folks will have his ear and they will not
allow the FBI-RD to be discontinued.

If ending the production of the FBI-RD is too scary for our elected representatives, then
it's up to US to do the other part of the job:

Keep ordering dollar coins from the bank and use them for everything.

Contact vending operators who do not have stickers on their machines (that's most of them)
or whose machines will not accept dollar coins (very few by now thanks to replacement of
equipment).

Frequent those dollar coin self car washes. I've seen a LOT more of them lately. The
dollar coins save the operators tons of $$$ since they don't have to visit as often to
refill thousands of Quarters in the change machine. A load of dollar coins last for a long
time.

Use dollar coins in the self-check stands at your local stores. Here in the Los Angeles
area we have them in every Home Depot and they are installed in some Wal-Marts and they
are installing them in more and more Albertson's supermarkets and a few Ralph's (the local
Kroger affiliate).

(Notice how I keep repeating that one?)

-Fred Shecter
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...shreadv ector

--
"""Remove "zorch" from address (2 places) to reply.
"Malanutt 4 Life" wrote in message
Well Fred, if the $1 rag will be discontinued eventually, when do you think
that will be? I'm just curious as to what you think.

Tom

Ads