Old May 9th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
[email protected]

Default what if an old USD bill is NOT collectible

On 9 mai, 18:36, "Michael G. Koerner" wrote:
Your note is likely real and yes, has its full USA$100 face value. The BIG
question is "Will the merchant accept it?". 'Small head' USA$100 notes have
been disdained in recent years due to the very real threat of international
counterfeiting.

What if I go with my several 1950 $100 'small head' (series B, C and
D's, I've
got quite some of them) to a bank?

Bah, I'll try : plane is leaving soon for the U.S. and I'll be there
for quite some
time.

You could always try eBay if you want to sell it - OR, you have a neat family
heirloom. :-)

excellent, I'm not a native english speaker so I just learned what
"family heirloom" means

And, yup, that old one from 1934 found in some random european cave,
I'll
keep it as a family heirloom.

hehe.

BTW, the 'green' seal is the US Treasury seal and the 'black' one is the
Federal Reserve seal.

gotcha

Thanks for your quick answer.