Old August 7th 05, 05:11 PM
Jason K

Default WQMA OldiesRadio 1520 Radio Station Plans 8-Track Thursday Feature

Hi all,

Beginning in about two weeks, we're going to start an "8-Track
Thursday" feature on the radio during the JASON AND JENNIFER IN THE
AFTERNOON show from 1-4pm. I approached this group with this idea it
seems like years ago. Well the station is finally headed in a positive
direction and we're adding several of our ideas in the coming weeks.

On Thursday afternoons, we plan to disconnect the CD players, turn off
the computers, and hook some 8-track players up to our consoles and
go.

Yes, tapes will break or get eaten live on-air.
Yes, songs will be interrupted on-air in two parts with a changing of
the track.

Those are 8-track memories that people who have long thrown away their
8-track player will be able to fondly remember with us in-studio.

We need your help:

Anyone wanting to donate 8-track players or 8-tracks will be
appreciated on-air. We already have one player and approximately 100
tapes but we definitely need more tapes and players to continue the
feature on a regular basis. Have an 8-track related business? Let us
promote you on our website and on-the-air during the show in exchange
for your 8-track related gift! Advertising usually ranges from
$60-$600 per month.

If you give us a tape, we WILL play something from it! And give you an
on-air mention.

Please send any and all 8-track related items to:

WQMA
1820 West Marks Road
Marks, MS 38646

Please give us something worthy of airplay. Something that others in
the 8-track world will appreciate hearing. But you can get rid of your
common unwanted duplicate tapes too!

We hope you join us Thursday afternoons online at
http://www.q1520radio.com

We are the only radio station that intends to celebrate and appreciate
the 8-track community.

WQMA OldiesRadio 1520 plays 15 to 20 song commercial free music
marathons weekday afternoons after the Steve & DC Morning Show. The
station also features the best national oldies programming all weekend
long with Dick Bartley, Mike Harvey, Casey Kasem, Dr. Demento, Ross
Brittian, and more.