Old May 18th 05, 11:44 AM
Aram H. Haroutunian

On Tue, 17 May 2005 03:56:10 GMT, "Papito" wrote:

On 16-May-2005, (Edward McGrath) wrote:

Geez you gotta get some books on modern paper money if you think bills
are only worth face value. 2003 B (NY) $1 star note in crisp
uncirculated condition worth $100, and there are plenty of others.
Knowledge is the key to paper money collecting.

Quite true. I thought my father was silly when he set aside a small stack
of CU series 1985 one dollar bills. He thought they were neat because they
have consecutive serial numbers. I didn't immagine they would ever be worth
anything.

Last time I saw a price guide, I think they were listed at $5 each or so. I
couldn't believe it.

Paper money is so much less interesting to me than coins I rarely bring
myself to save it, even if I notice a fancy serial number or a star note,
but logically, its higher attrition rates could easily mean that it is a
better investment in terms of saving items from circulation than coins are.

Are you familiar with the experimental Web Press notes? 1995 was one
of the years appearing on them. Some hefty premiums there.
Aram.