Old August 11th 03, 01:03 PM
sgw

I've bought several 329s and 330s from Ray at Wood 'n Dreams, who has
excellent and very fast service; the pens are about the best cheap pens
around,
I think. I have a little pouch I keep in my book bag, with 6 Hero 329s, all
inked
in different colors, and use these for making comments on student papers,
writing lists during the day (have to do a to-do list constantly since I'm
starting
to have CRS alot), etc. I've given 2 or 3 away to students who've seen me
writing with a fountain pen and wanted to know just how to do it; think I've
converted (nudge, nudge) some people! (Incidentally, these take much longer
to dry out with the cap off than most pens, making them extremely useful to
those of us who write, have a thought, have to remember what it was, and
then
have to write it down before we forget it!)

Sally

"John" wrote in message
om...
quality of Hero pens. I just took a Hero 329 (Parker 51 knockoff)
out of my desk drawer -- I remember leaving it there MONTHS ago.
Wrote the first time. For a $5 fountain pen, not a bad deal. Be
aware that their nib sizes run extra fine: I use mine for editing and
margin annotations. But you can pick up one in NYC's Chinatown
district (I go to Pearl River at the corner of Canal and Broadway).
If NY is not in your plans, lots of wonderful raves about Norman Haase
and his site www.hisnibs.com -- same pen will cost you $10, but you
get great service and dealing with him is worth the extra few bucks.

Good luck.