Old August 11th 03, 02:26 AM
John

quality of Hero pens. I just took a Hero 329 (Parker 51 knockoff)
out of my desk drawer -- I remember leaving it there MONTHS ago.
Wrote the first time. For a $5 fountain pen, not a bad deal. Be
aware that their nib sizes run extra fine: I use mine for editing and
margin annotations. But you can pick up one in NYC's Chinatown
district (I go to Pearl River at the corner of Canal and Broadway).
If NY is not in your plans, lots of wonderful raves about Norman Haase
and his site www.hisnibs.com -- same pen will cost you $10, but you
get great service and dealing with him is worth the extra few bucks.

Good luck.